Why a skier’s “career” should start with a professional instructor
– First of all, for security reasons. A good instructor will first teach you to fall properly (that’s right, do not laugh and do not think that the instructor takes time). After all, it is not those who do not know how to skate who are injured, but those who do not know how to fall. In fact, everyone falls, and before you learn to ski skillfully, you have to repeatedly brake the fifth point, get out of the bushes, look for a ski that could unfasten at the time of the fall and go skiing again and again and move on. The right fall, and the right rise after it, will leave only positive emotions from these classes. In addition, a novice skier who does not yet know how to brake well may not calculate his speed and trajectory, and risks completing the descent in a different location than intended.
– To save time. Even if you have relatives, friends, acquaintances who ride well and are ready to put you on skis, it will take much longer than with a professional instructor who will teach a time-tested scheme. After all, give your family the opportunity to enjoy skiing instead of messing with you all day. Instead, after training with the right instructor, you will soon be able to keep a decent company of your ski friends on the slope.
– To guarantee the result – again, even if there are people around you who ride well, the ability to skate does not mean the ability to teach skating. Given that skiing holidays are usually short-lived, it would be a shame to spend money on ski passes and make 2 descents “crawling on foot”, and then tell that skiing (or snowboarding) did not obey you…
And finally, some tips on choosing a ski school or instructor.
– Plan your training in advance. By agreeing on a specific date and time, you will have a guarantee that the instructor will be on site.
– Be sure to probe information about the school or a specific instructor (online, from acquaintances, etc.).
– Only certified specialists! The instructor must have a certificate from the Association of Professional Ski Instructors of Ukraine. This means that he passed the training, successfully passed the exams and received permission to work as a ski or snowboard instructor.
– Practice with a professional. Remember, a ski instructor must be in shape and have a license. And he must be an adult (we write it not just like that, cases are different). Remember, if a person without a uniform and documents offers you his services, he is not an instructor, but someone who just wants to earn extra money by risking your life and health. By the way, this is easy to check – all instructors who have a permit to work at the Zakhar Berkut Group have registered ski passes with photos.